Here you can take a look at the scientific studies of anti-anxiety drugs which you can find on pubmed.
Stresam, also known as etifoxine is a non-benzodiazepine anxiolytic drug. Its anxiolytic effect is comparable to that of benzodiazepines. Stresam does not cause sedation, does not impair cognitive functions and is non habit-forming, unlike commonly used benzos.
- Effect of Stresam on stress-induced hyperthermia in rats
- Effects of etifoxine (Stresam) on ligand binding to GABA-A receptors in rodents
- Efficacy of Stresam compared to Lorazepam
Fabomotizole (widely known as Afobazole) is a russian anxiolytic drug with nootropic and neuroprotective properties. It is sold OTC in Russia and is used to relieve anxiety without causing myorelaxation and sedation.
- Effect of Afobazole on Caspase-3
- Interaction of Afobazole with Sigma receptors
- Pharmacokinetics of Afobazole and its metabolites
Selank is a peptide anxiolytic drug that is used in Russia to treat anxiety. Besides having a pronounced anxiolytic effect, Selank is shown to possess nootropic properties.