Grippferon nasal spray is an effective and safe drug for the prevention and treatment of acute respiratory viral infections (ARI, SARS) and influenza.
The main active component of Grippferon is highly active recombinant interferon alpha-2b. The drug was registered on the territory of the Russian Federation and launched into mass production in 1999.
Grippferon positive effects:
- blocks the reproduction of all types of human respiratory viruses;
- high therapeutic efficacy;
- highly effective as an emergency prevention drug;
- reduces the number of complications in patients with acute respiratory infection by 60−70%;
- has no contraindications for compatibility with other drugs.
Clinical and experimental studies of Grippferon were conducted on 4450 subjects in 14 research and clinical centers in Russia and Ukraine.
It is allowed for use even for children below age of 1 y.o. (including newborns), pregnant women and in period of lactation.
At the first signs of the disease, Grippferon is used for 5 days:
- between the ages of 0 and 1, inject 1 dose (500 IU) into each nasal passage 5 times / day (single dose 1000 IU, daily dose 5,000 IU);
- at the age of 1 to 3 years, 2 doses are injected into each nasal passage 3-4 times / day (single dose of 2000 IU, daily dose of 6000-8000 IU);
- at the age of 3 to 14 years, inject 2 doses into each nasal passage 4-5 times / day (single dose of 2000 IU, daily dose of 8000-10000 IU);
- from the age of 15 and adults inject 3 doses into each nasal passage 5-6 times / day (single dose of 3000 IU, daily dose of 15000-18000 IU).
In order to prevent SARS and flu:
- upon contact with the patient and / or during hypothermia, the drug is injected in a single current age dosage 2 times / day once;
- with a seasonal increase in the incidence of the drug is injected in the current age dosage once in the morning with an interval of 24-48 hours.
Hypersensitivity to ingredients of the drug, severe forms of allergic diseases.